The LTAC / ATTLC is looking to hire a Coordinator for its Montreal office. As the successful candidate for this position, you will report to the Board of Directors of the Association and perform the following functions:
- maintain up-to-date accounting records and banking duties as required
- answer and follow up on communications with and from the membership, including the posting of professional opportunities as they arise
- assist Association members with technical needs
- inform the Board of Directors of all correspondence, deadlines and announcements
- assist with the maintenance and further development of the Association’s website
- organize public readings and workshops featuring members of the Association
- promote readings and similar events through social media, traditional media communiqués, email groups, etc.
- seek out ways of expanding the reach of literary translation through various digital platforms, as well as traditional means
- assist the Board of Directors with grant applications as well as fundraising and development initiatives
- assist in organizing Board of Directors meetings and members’ Annual General Meetings
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator in both official languages, will have demonstrated organizational skills, will work efficiently with digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and will be required to use Microsoft Office, or equivalent office management software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in order to maintain records, assist with presentations, and produce promotional flyers and posters for distribution through analog and digital means.
- Salary: $25 / hour
- Hours of work: 20 hours / per week
To apply, send a resumé and cover letter to: email@example.com before the closing date of July 8, 2022. The successful candidate will begin training in early August.
The Literary Translators’ Association of Canada is a national arts service organization, with a mandate to represent the interests of literary translators and promote literary translation across Canada.