Province : Ontario
Country : Canada
Membership category :
About / Bio
Jocelyne Allen is a Japanese translator and interpreter who splits her time between Toronto and Tokyo. She has translated hundreds of short stories, novels, and manga, such as the Eisner Award-winning Frankenstein by Junji Ito and the Harvey Award-winning My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness by Nagata Kabi, and has also interpreted for Japan’s most celebrated authors and artists, including Sayaka Murata and Inio Asano.
Japanese -> English
- Graphic Novels
- Non fiction
- Kazuki Sakuraba, A SMALL CHARRED FACE, San Francisco, Haikasoru, 2017.
- Shinsuke Nakamura, KING OF STRONG STYLE 1980-2014, VIZ Media, 2017.
- Kazuki Sakuraba, RED GIRLS, San Francisco, Haikasoru, 2015.
- Kabi Nagata, MY LESBIAN EXPERIENCE WITH LONELINESS, Seven Seas, 2017
- Eto Mori, COLORFUL, Berkeley, Counterpoint Press, 2021
- Shigeru Mizuki, ONWARD TOWARDS OUR NOBLE DEATHS, Montréal, Drawn & Quarterly, 2011
- Yoshihiro Tatsumi, FALLEN WORDS, Montréal, Drawn & Quarterly, 2012
- Inio Asano, GIRL ON THE SHORE, New York, Vertical, 2016
- Riyoko Ikeda, CLAUDINE, Seven Seas, 2018
- Junji Ito & Osamu Dazai, NO LONGER HUMAN, Viz Media, 2019